Henry Blodget Net Worth

Net Worth:$50 Million
Date of Birth: January 1, 1970 (54 years old)
Profession:Journalist, Business Analyst, Writer, Editor
Nationality:United State Of America

What is Henry Blodget’s net worth? How does Henry Blodget make his money? Below is the current net worth of Henry Blodget and how Henry Blodget makes his money.

What is Henry Blodget’s Net Worth?

Henry McKelvey Blodget is a business analyst, investor, and journal writer from the United States who has a net worth of $50 million. He is renowned for his prior work as an equity research analyst who served as senior Internet analyst for CIBC Oppenheimer and the leader of the worldwide Internet research team at Merrill Lynch during the dot-com boom.

Early Life

The Upper East Side of Manhattan, New York City, is where Henry Blodget was born in 1966. He previously attended the elite independent school Phillips Exeter Academy in New Hampshire.

Blodget attended Yale University for his post-secondary studies, where he received his history bachelor’s degree.


Blodget began his career as an English teacher in Japan after receiving his Yale degree. He eventually relocated to San Francisco, California, where he taught tennis. Harper’s Magazine hired Blodget to write for them on a freelance basis.

Blodget started working in stock research at Oppenheimer & Co. two years after joining Prudential Securities’ corporate finance training program in 1994. He forecast that Amazon’s common stock, AMZN, which was then trading for $240, would reach $400 in a year in October 1998.

This was first regarded as being extremely unlikely, yet three weeks later Amazon’s stock price had increased by 67%, passing that threshold. Early in 2000, just days before the dot-com bubble burst, Blodget put $700,000 of his own money into tech companies; nonetheless, he lost the majority of that money in the years that followed.

In 2001, he quit the company after accepting a buyout offer from Merrill Lynch. Blodget provided stock evaluations in Merrill Lynch emails that were inconsistent with what had been made publicly available in 2002, according to the then-New York State Attorney General Eliot Spitzer.

Blodget restarted his career as a finance and economics writer after leaving the financial markets. His contributions to Slate, Newsweek International, The New York Times, Fortune, Forbes Online, Business 2.0, Euromoney, New York magazine, and The Financial Times were published before he was named CEO of Cherry Hill Research, a research and consultancy organization.

On September 29, 2015, it was made public that German media juggernaut Axel Springer has paid $343 million to acquire 88% of BusinessInsider. Axel Springer now owned 97% of the company, leaving Jeff Bezos to hold the remaining 3%.

In 2017, Blodget continued to lead Business Insider, which is now a general news website, as CEO and editor-in-chief. He keeps submitting essays to Newsweek, Slate, and New York magazine. In his publications, Blodget focuses on how ordinary investors can limit their returns by following financial media and analyst advice, as well as by depending on active management through mutual and hedge funds.

The Wall Street Self-Defense Manual: A Consumer’s Guide to Intelligent Investing, written by Blodget, was released in January 2007. Previously, Blodget and Aaron Task co-hosted Yahoo! Finance’s daily Daily-Ticker show.

Here on Networthforum, we calculate all net worths using data drawn from public sources. Most times, we incorporate tips and feedback received from the individuals or their representatives.

While we always strive to ensure that our figures are as accurate as possible, please note that they are only estimates, unless otherwise indicated.

This page is updated from time to time so that our readers will know the current net worth of Henry Blodget. So feel free to check back for the current Henry Blodget net worth in case of any update on his net worth.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.